Zinc developer Red River Resources Limited has commenced initial refurbishment work at the Thalanga Processing Plant, part of its Thalanga Zinc Project in Queensland.
Work completed to date includes:
- Removal and refurbishment of concentrate thickener rakes
- Removal and refurbishment of Mill 3 feed chute
- Rebuild of ball mill hopper for Mills 1 & 2
- Cleaning out concentrate storage bunkers prior to inspection and repair
- Comprehensive NDT (non-destructive testing) test work program.
Initial works have been funded by over-subscribed A$8.9m capital raising and this refurbishment will allow accelerated project restart while aggressive exploration continues across the Thalanga Zinc Project.
Red River’s Managing Director Mel Palancian commented: “This work forms an important step towards the full restart of the Thalanga Zinc Project and will enable us to further tighten the budget and timeline for the remaining restart work at the Thalanga Processing Plant.
“We intend to keep the market informed as we progress with the Thalanga Processing Plant refurbishment. We are excited to undertake this work, which will further improve our capacity to quickly and efficiently deliver the re-start of the Project.”