Robotics and Automation in Mining is where the key players will gather to discuss the pressing issues and challenges facing robotics and automation in mining, and to hear from industry leaders on their latest applications. The event will enable stakeholders to undertake a significant digital review of their business and identify areas in which automation and robotics will add most value.
Business as usual is no longer acceptable in the mining industry, and to stay afloat traditional businesses need radical changes. The value derived from the application of digital technologies and digitisation are so profound, and early adopters are already seeing the benefits of using automation.
Technology has rapidly advanced to enable a ‘connected mine’ however this requires a change of industry culture and mindset, a step away from the siloed technology discovery model, deeper operational expertise aligned with technological capabilities, and ultimately reimagined business models.
- Hon Bill Johnston MLA, Minister of Mines and Petroleum; Energy; Industrial Relations, Government of Western Australia
- Miranda Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, NERA (National Energy Resources Australia)
- John Wheeler, Project Director, Resolute Mining Limited
- Mark O’Brien, Manager – Digital Transformation, CITIC Pacific Mining
- James Batchelor, Principal Digital Orebody, Roy Hill
- Jack Chaston, Autonomous Mining Systems Superintendent, Fortescue Metals Group (FMG)
- Michelle Ash, Chair, Global Mining Guidelines Group (GMG)